___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
........For some years I've been asked many questions by lots of people and thought it would be good to share my answers here for you to read........
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 18 February 2019

Negative Attitude

Anxiety will make you think and feel constantly negative, but understanding this is anxiety and not you can make it a little easier to cope with.

I know you feel scared inside but every time you have a negative thought try and follow it up with 'its just anxiety talking, this isn't the real me and I'll think differently when I'm better'.  That's what I used to say - and it does help.

I see so many people writing for example:

I'm scared I won't get better
I'm scared of the heart palpitations
I'm scared because I feel dizzy
I'm worried about my blurry vision
I'm scared I'll hurt someone
I can't catch my breath
I can't stop thinking of bad thoughts
I'm scared I'll go crazy
I can't enjoy myself anymore

etc etc

All these are negatives, and quite honestly its pointless worrying about them because they're just side effects of one thing.  Anxiety.  Those worries are only there because you have anxiety, and its the anxiety that makes you think like this.

Can you see that these worries add to the cycle of anxiety?  By thinking and worrying like this, it causes anxiety and the anxiety causes the thoughts.  There are many aspects to help break the constant cycle, and one of them is to accept these thoughts are due to anxiety, let them come and go, don't try and analyse why you have them, don't try and work them out ...... but when you have a thought like this follow it up with a positive one.  No you won't feel joy from the positive thought, and it won't stop the anxiety - but it helps.  I did this time after time, and it felt like I was just saying a positive parrot fashion.

Sometimes someone will write to me about their fears and worries, and I try to explain why these thoughts are present etc ........ and often the sufferer will say yes I understand that, it makes sense, that makes me feel good ...... BUT I worry I won't be able to apply that ..... and off they go again with the negatives.

Its easy to slip back into negative thinking, and it won't stop overnight I know.  However, understanding this is anxiety doing this and not you can help you see it in a different light.

Just try it - follow up with a little positive thought.  Mine reassurance was always the same line 'but I won't think like this when I'm better'.

-------------

Remember - I'm not a doctor or in anyway medically trained
Always consult your own Doctor

:

Post a Comment

I can't leave replies for some reason and have tried responding to a few of you. Apologies for this, and if you'd like a reply please use the Contact page. Regards Katecogs x